The likely geographical source of the timber. In Schedule A, the origins of the mixed Australian species groups are based on state. Imported timber group origins are based on global regions. In Schedule B the Queensland-grown species origins relate to southern, central and northern Queensland. Interstate timbers are given 'Australia'. In Schedule C, origins are based on broad global regions.
Specific states or countries of occurrence are given in AS/NZS 1148-2001 Timber—nomenclature—Australian, New Zealand and imported species (Standards Australia 2001).
Below are a list of values users can choose for this field group.
- Africa - Africa
- Asia-Pacific - Asia-Pacific (includes Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Fiji, Solomon Islands)
- Australia - Origin from Australian states other than Queensland
- Central America - Central America
- Central Queensland - Central Queensland; from Gladstone north to Bowen (latitude 24°S to 20°S)
- Europe - Europe
- New South Wales - New South Wales
- New Zealand - New Zealand
- North America - North America
- Northern Queensland - Northern Queensland; from Bowen (latitude 20°S) northwards
- Queensland - Queensland
- Queensland-central - from Gladstone to Bowen (latitudes 24° S to 20° S).
- Queensland-north - from Bowen (latitude 20° S) northwards.
- Queensland-south - from New South Wales border to Gladstone (to latitude 24° S).
- South America - South America
- South Australia - South Australia.
- Southern Queensland - Southern Queensland; from Queensland – New South Wales border to Gladstone (latitudes 28°S to 24°S)
- Tasmania - Tasmania
- Victoria - Victoria
- Western Australia - Western Australia